The following describes the installation using Lispworks for Windows (tested on versions 4.4 and 5).
- Check the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed. In an command window, type java –version which should display something like this:
java version "1.5.0_07".
To install JRE see java.com.
- Extract the content of the Dialogue zip file on the hard disk, for example in the c:\dia\ directory.
Notice: the distribution files includes all the needed dll and jar SWTand Foil files.
- Make a shortcut to LW and the init-dialogue.lisp file, its target being something like:
C:\LispWorks5\lispworks-5-0-0-x86-win32.exe -init h:\dia\init-dialogue.lisp
- Start LW using this shortcut.
- Generate the SWT API and compile:
Notice : next session, use load-dia instead.
- Test the installation:
> (run-swt-ui (with-shell (ok-di "Hello")))
To run the examples, look in the /ex/ directory (and have a look at the 2 macros def-SWT-test and run-SWT-ui).